Win a Hyundai!
Competition Terms & Conditions
By entering the competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- This competition is conducted by Queensland Performing Arts Trust trading as Queensland Performing Arts Centre, ABN 13 967 571 128, of corner Grey and Melbourne Streets, South Bank Qld 4101 (QPAC), telephone 07 3842 9144.
- By entering the competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. The competition will be conducted during the Competition Period (see clause 5, below).
- Entrants must be resident in Queensland. Entrants must be over 18 to enter the competition.
- Entrants must not be:
- a Board member, director, officer or employee of QPAC or JONES Theatrical Group or any entity, agency or company associated with those organisations or the competition (including any prize suppliers); or
- a member of the immediate family of any of the above.
- Competition is deemed to have started at 9.00am (AEST) on Monday 24 July 2023 and ends Midnight (AEST) on Sunday 14 January 2024 (Competition Period).
- Entrants must purchase or have purchased at least 2 tickets in one transaction, during the Competition Period, from either www.qpac.com.au, QPAC Box Office, Level 1, Cnr Grey and Melbourne Streets, South Bank or from the QPAC Call centre 136 246 to see Metaverse of Magic (between Thursday 4 January 2024 to Sunday 14 January 2024) (Eligible Purchase) to receive an automatic entry into the draw.
- Entry to the competition is free.
- All eligible entrants will automatically be entered into the competition unless they opt out.
- Only 1 entry is permitted per person. QPAC will not accept any additional entries.
- QPAC may, at its absolute discretion, disqualify any or all entries from, prohibit further participation in this competition and/or refuse to award the prize to any person who:
- tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition;
- acts in violation of these conditions or in breach of law;
- acts in a disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or
- acts in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of QPAC or JONES Theatrical Group or any of its related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
- The Organiser is not liable for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or illegible entries, correspondence or claims for prizes due to error, omission, tampering, theft, destruction or otherwise.
- Entries must be received during the Competition Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are received by the Organiser’s database and not at the time of submission by the entrant. The Organiser has no control over communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Organiser is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Entrants who enter using multiple email addresses, phone numbers or aliases may be disqualified. Consumers are responsible for their own costs associated with accessing the Internet. Automatically generated entries may be disqualified.
- Resale of any Eligible Purchase tickets will not be permitted. Any entries submitted based on the resale of any Eligible Purchase tickets will be deemed invalid.
- The Competition will be drawn at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre. Cnr Grey and Melbourne Streets, South Bank, at 1.00pm (AEST) on Monday 15 January 2024.
- The first valid entry randomly drawn from all valid entries received during the Competition Period will win the prize.
- There is one prize to be won. The prize is a base model Hyundai QX.V5 Venue 1.6 MPi Petrol 6-Speed Automatic FWD in Atlas White.
- The total prize pool is valued at $27,537.00:
- Manufacturers List Price $24,000.00
- Registration, Compulsory Third Party Insurance and Dealer Delivery: $ 3,537.00
- The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The prize is not exchangeable FOR CASH, for any other prize or transferable to any other person. QPAC will not substitute, replace or refund prizes.
Winner Notification and Publication
- QPAC will notify the winner by email or telephone within two days of the draw and the winner will have their name and state/territory of residence published at www.qpac.com.au on Monday 15 January 2024. By entering this competition, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
- QPAC’s decision of the results or any aspect of the competition is final. QPAC will not enter into any correspondence with entrants regarding the results.
Prize claim date and unclaimed prize draw
- The winner may claim their prize by contacting QPAC in accordance with the details set out in QPAC’s prize rewarding email by 9.00am (AEST) on Monday 29 January 2024. If the prize has not been accepted or claimed by this time, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Organiser will conduct a redraw at 9.00am (AEST) on Monday 29 January 2024. at the same location as the original draw as necessary to distribute the prize, subject to any requirements of the relevant gaming authorities. Any winner in this redraw will be notified by email or telephone within 2 days of the unclaimed prize draw and will have their name and state/territory of residence published at www.qpac.com.au on Monday 29 January 2024. By entering this competition, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
- In order to claim and collect their prize and as a condition of their prize being awarded, winners must, if required by QPAC or any prize supplier, provide photographic proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Organiser’s discretion.
- The vehicle must be collected from a Hyundai dealership in Brisbane, Queensland.
- The vehicle supplied is new, and vehicle delivery will take up to four weeks after the winner has claimed the prize, subject to availability. The organiser does not accept responsibility for delays due to prize availability from the dealership. Winners acknowledge that the vehicle may not be available for delivery until it is received from the supplier and will raise no objection to delayed receipt of the prize.
- By entering the competition, you agree that, if you win a prize and if required by QPAC and JONES Theatrical Group, you will provide and/or allow QPAC and JONES Theatrical Group to take a photograph of you and QPAC and JONES Theatrical Group may use that photograph in conjunction with any advertising or promotion for on behalf of QPAC and JONES Theatrical Group.
- By entering the competition, you consent to QPAC’s collection and use of your personal information as described above.
- QPAC is not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or loss of profits) expense, damage or injury suffered or sustained by any person, arising directly or indirectly, through any act, omission (whether negligent or otherwise), out of or in connection with the competition or any prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of the prize will be determined by drawing a further valid entry in accordance with paragraph 21.
- The Organiser may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to the Organiser and not to Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability.
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Organiser, the Organiser may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant gaming authorities if required.
- The Organiser is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where this competition involves, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants will follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
Queensland Theatre GaslightMust close 3 MarPlayhouse, QPAC
Seats selling fast! Don’t miss this gripping, new psychological thriller full of daring and doubt. Is it madness or manipulation? Hurry, must close this Sunday.
Southern Cross Soloists Divine Alchemy3 Mar 2024, 3pmConcert Hall, QPAC
Explores beauty arising from unlikely places, offering a musical program born from the crucible of adversity.
Beauty and the Beast the MusicalNow PlayingLyric Theatre, QPAC
We proudly invite you to “Be Our Guest” as Disney’s brand-new production of Beauty and the Beast.
Angélique Kidjo4 Mar 2024, 8pmConcert Hall, QPAC
Angélique Kidjo shares music from her remarkable new album alongside selections from her celebrated back‑catalogue.
The Wharf Revue: Pride In Prejudice5 - 9 MarPlayhouse, QPAC
After a sell-out season in 2023 the comedy powerhouse that is The Wharf Revue is returning to Brisbane in 2024 with Pride in Prejudice.
Queensland Symphony Orchestra Opera Gala8 - 9 MarConcert Hall, QPAC
Experience all of the highlights of Puccini’s operas in one epic gala, under the baton of Giordano Bellincampi.
Proudfoot & Friends8 - 10 Mar 2024Cremorne Theatre, QPAC
Get ready for the foot-stomping, rib-tickling, toe-tapping time of your life at the Proudfoot & Friends stage show spectacular!
Changing the Conversation Changing the Game12 Mar 2024, 7pmConcert Hall, QPAC
Immerse yourself in a challenging conversation with our panel about what happens in the world of sport.
Alliance Française French Film Festival Conducting Change: Breaking Musical Barriers12 Mar 2024, 6pmCremorne Theatre, QPAC
Step into the world of orchestral innovation and witness the power of music to transcend boundaries.
Circa What Will Have Been13 - 17 MarPlayhouse, QPAC
A sublime display of interlocking bodies, awe-inspiring movement and pure physical beauty.
An Evening with Nigella Lawson14 Mar 2024, 7:30pmConcert Hall, QPAC
Spend an evening with internationally-renowned food writer and TV cook Nigella Lawson.
2024 Maksim The Collection16 Mar 2024, 8pmConcert Hall, QPAC
Experience the virtuoso pianist Maksim Mrvica in his classical crossover show The Collection with his band and orchestra.