At QPAC, we are committed to ensuring accessibility for people with needs (PWN). We strive to provide an inclusive and user-friendly experience for all our website visitors. We have implemented measures to make our website compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, a recognised international standard for web accessibility.
While we aim to provide a seamless experience for all users, there may be some limitations in certain areas. We are actively working to improve accessibility on our website, but currently, the following limitations may exist:
- Some third-party content embedded on our website may not be fully accessible.
- The ticketing funnels on this website may not be fully accessible.
- The website may not be fully compatible with older assistive technologies or devices.
- Some video content may not contain captions or transcripts.
- Some images may not contain alt tags and titles.
To ensure accessibility, we have taken the following measures:
- Implemented a responsive and accessible design for our website.
- Provided alternative text descriptions for images to facilitate understanding for users who rely on assistive technologies.
- Utilised proper heading structures and organized content to enhance navigation.
- Enabled keyboard navigation to help with navigation on the page.
- Tested our website across multiple browsers and devices to ensure compatibility.
- Implemented the Recite Me tool bar to support online access.
- Implemented an accessibility issue tracker to identify issue as they appear and adhere to international Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) across all conformance levels.
Supported Web Browsers:
Our website is designed to work optimally on the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest version)
- Apple Safari (latest version)
- Microsoft Edge (latest version)
Applicable Laws and Policies:
We are committed to complying with applicable national and local laws and policies regarding web accessibility. Our efforts align with the requirements set forth in the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Cth) and the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld).
If you have any suggestions or advice regarding your interactions with this website, we encourage you to provide feedback through our Feedback and Complaints form online, or sending a letter to PO Box 3567, South Bank, Qld, 4101. If you are unable to provide your feedback in writing, you can call 136 246.
About Recite Me
Recite Me believes in accessibility for all, allowing everyone the opportunity to use the internet in the way that it is intended.
We pride ourselves on being a company that goes the extra mile to improve communication and quality of service for our customers and staff. To fulfil this mission, we now provide Recite Me assistive technology on our website, which enables our visitors to customise their experience in a way that best suits their individual needs.
Here's some important information to ensure your visit is a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
Familiarise yourself with QPAC for your next visit with information about venues, ticket sales, restaurants, bars, parking & activities.
At QPAC we believe that art has the ability to inspire, transform, and connect communities, and we are committed to making the arts accessible to all.
Support QPAC to help nurture and celebrate Queensland's rich artistic heritage while fostering innovation and creativity for the future.
For over three decades, QPAC has been dedicated to enriching lives and nourishing the creative spirit.