Join now for exclusive events, priority booking, discounts…
QPAC Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. To ensure the enjoyment and safety of all patrons and staff, the QPAC Terms and Conditions of Entry outline the conditions applying to all persons whilst they are at QPAC.
2. These conditions of entry apply to all patrons of QPAC while they are at:
(a) the land and buildings comprising the entire Queensland Performing Arts Centre precinct, including its foyers, theatres, viewing rooms, food and beverage establishments, outside spaces, dressing rooms, back of house areas and offices; and
(b) any other location where QPAC holds a performance or event, (referred to in these Conditions as the Centre).
3. By entering the Centre, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Entry (Conditions).
4. If you are aware of an issue or incident that impacts on your own or others’ health, safety, or enjoyment of the Centre, please report it to QPAC’s Stage Door immediately.
5. You must comply with all requests, instructions or directions made by QPAC or authorised QPAC Personnel (QPAC Directions).
6. You must not exhibit or engage in any Prohibited Conduct at any time while in the Centre.
7. Prohibited Conduct includes:
(a) conduct or behaviour which:
(i) threatens the health or safety of yourself, QPAC Personnel or Visitors;
(ii) is violent, aggressive, threatening, intimidating, offensive, objectionable, humiliating or inconsiderate to QPAC Personnel or Visitors;
(iii) is disorderly or disruptive;
(iv) creates a disturbance or public nuisance;
(v) causes, or may cause, any loss or damage to the Centre, QPAC property or the property of QPAC Personnel or Visitors;
(vi) causes, or may cause, disruption to QPAC’s business or operations;
(vii) interferes with or distracts, or may interfere with or distract, artists, performers or crew;
(viii) interferes with, or may interfere with, other Visitors’ enjoyment of a performance or event or the Centre
(b) use of language or display of any sign, item or material which is offensive or objectionable according to community norms, including content which is sexually explicit, expresses racial hatred or represents violence;
(c) being unduly intoxicated or affected by a prohibited substance;
(d) canvassing or hawking;
(e) entering non-public areas of the Centre without QPAC’s permission; and
(f) accessing QPAC’s information or security systems without QPAC’s permission.
8. While present in the Centre, you must wear appropriate clothing and footwear at all times.
9. You must not wear any hat or headwear in any Performance Location, except headwear that is a recognised part of your religious dress.
10. You must not bring any Prohibited Items into the Centre.
11. Prohibited Items include:
(a) weapons, including knives, or any item which may be used as a weapon;
(b) dangerous or hazardous items;
(c) controlled, dangerous or illegal items;
(d) controlled, dangerous or illegal substances;
(e) drones or unmanned aerial vehicles (which you must not bring into the Centre or the airspace over the Centre);
(f) flammable devices, fireworks, explosives, smoke canisters, aerosols, air-horns, noisemakers, flares, laser devices or pointers, or glow sticks;
(g) glass bottles or vessels, or cans;
(h) inflated balloons or confetti;
(i) scooters, skateboards or similar devices, whether motorised or not;
(j) any animals other than guide, hearing and assistance dogs as defined under the Guide, Hearing and Assistance Dogs Act 2009 (Qld);
(k) any other item which:
(i) presents or may present a risk to the health or safety of any person; or
(ii) poses or may pose a hazard or nuisance to any person; and
(l) any item which QPAC suspects could be any of the above.
12. QPAC may confiscate any Prohibited Item that you bring into the Centre and deal with it in any way that QPAC considers appropriate.
13. You must allow authorised QPAC Personnel to inspect any bags or other personal possessions or items, including clothing or footwear, that you bring into the Centre.
14. You must not take Oversize Items into any Performance Location.
15. Oversize Items include:
(a) Bags longer than 30cm long and wider than 21cm (the size of an A4 sheet of paper);
(c) tripods, monopods or selfie sticks;
(d) baby capsules;
(e) prams or strollers;
(f) motorcycle helmets;
(g) irregularly sized items; and
(h) any other items which QPAC or QPAC Personnel deem inappropriate to take into the Performance Location.
16. Bags include all bags and luggage, including:
(c) laptop bags;
(d) baby care bags;
(e) camera bags;
(g) shopping bags;
(h) suitcases; and
(i) instrument cases.
17. If you are in possession of any Oversize Item within a Performance Location, you must leave the Performance Location to cloak or remove the item in accordance with any QPAC Directions. If the performance has commenced, you will only be permitted to return to the performance in accordance with the late arrival condition (see paragraph 41).
18. You may leave personal items (including Oversize Items) with a Cloakroom if:
(a) the Cloakroom is open;
(b) you hold a valid ticket to a performance on that day; and
(c) QPAC determines that the item is acceptable for cloaking.
19. It is your responsibility to collect your items from the Cloakroom as soon as practicable after conclusion of the performance or event.
20. QPAC will deal with items which are not collected from the Cloakroom as lost property (see paragraph 26).
21. You must not leave Prohibited Items with a Cloakroom.
22. You leave any items with a Cloakroom at your own risk.
23. You must not leave any Unattended Items at the Centre.
24. Unattended Item means a personal or other item that you bring into the Centre and do not keep on your person at all times while at the Centre, unless you leave it in a Cloakroom or other area of the Centre with QPAC’s permission.
25. QPAC may deal with any Unattended Items in any manner QPAC deems appropriate and without notice to you.
26. QPAC deals with lost property in accordance with QPAC’s Lost and Unclaimed Property Policy.
27. You must turn off, and keep turned off, all Mobile Devices while in any Performance Location.
28. Mobile Devices include:
(a) mobile telephones and watches;
(b) paging devices; and
(c) other personal devices.
29. You must surrender a Mobile Device in accordance with any QPAC Directions. QPAC will retain the Mobile Device until the performance or event has concluded. It is your responsibility to collect the Mobile Device immediately after conclusion of the performance or event. QPAC will deal with any uncollected Mobile Devices as lost property (see paragraph 26).
30. You must not use any Recording Devices in any Performance Location, except in accordance with any QPAC Directions (which may be made at the request of the Presenter).
31. Recording Devices include recording or live streaming devices of any kind, including:
(a) still and digital image capture devices;
(b) sound recorders;
(c) video cameras or recorders;
(d) mobile telephones, watches and other personal devices.
32. You must surrender a Recording Device in accordance with any QPAC Directions. QPAC will retain the Recording Device until the performance or event has concluded. It is your responsibility to collect the Recording Device immediately after conclusion of the performance or event. QPAC will deal with any uncollected Recording Devices as lost property (see paragraph 26).
33. You must delete any photographic, video or audio images or recordings made in breach of these Conditions in accordance with any QPAC Directions. QPAC may retain the Recording Device until the images or recordings have been deleted. QPAC will deal with any Recording Device that it has retained in accordance with this paragraph 33 and that you have not collected within one week as lost property (see paragraph 26).
34. You must not bring any food or beverages, except:
(a) bottled water;
(b) food and beverages sold by QPAC, into the Centre.
35. Without limiting paragraph 35, you must not bring any alcoholic beverages into the Centre.
36. You must not take any alcoholic beverages purchased at the Centre, out of the Centre.
37. You must not bring food or beverages into a Performance Location, except in accordance with any QPAC Directions (which may be made at the request of the Presenter).
38. You must not Smoke anywhere in the Centre.
39. Smoking includes use of:
(a) tobacco in any form;
(b) any type of tobacco or herbal cigarette, cigar, pipe or similar item; or
(c) any electronic cigarette, vaping device or similar item.
40. From time to time during performances, performers may use herbal cigarettes, cigars or pipes for dramatic effect. Any dramatised Smoking as part of a performance does not constitute a waiver of paragraph 38.
41. If you have not been seated in the Performance Location at the commencement of a performance or event, you:
(a) will not be permitted to enter the Performance Location until an appropriate break in the performance or event; and
(b) may be seated in a seat other than the seat designated on your ticket, in accordance with any QPAC Directions (which may be made at the request of the Presenter).
42. An Infant may attend a performance or event, provided that they:
(a) are accompanied by an Adult (in the case of a performance or event with paid entry – the accompanying Adult must have purchased a ticket); and
(b) are seated on the lap of the accompanying Adult and do not occupy a seat (unless a ticket has been purchased for the Infant) unless there are any QPAC Directions to the contrary (which may be made at the request of the Presenter).
43. Infant means a person under the age of 3 years.
44. If you are the accompanying Adult of an Infant, you must:
(a) ensure that the Infant complies with these Conditions; and
(b) remove the Infant from the Performance Location in accordance with any QPAC Direction.
45. Please also refer to paragraphs 14 and 15 regarding Oversize Items.
46. Unaccompanied Minors are not permitted anywhere within the Centre.
47. You must not leave an Unaccompanied Minor at the Centre at any time.
48. Unaccompanied Minor means a person:
(a) under the age of 14 years who is not accompanied by an Adult at all times while in the Centre; or
(b) whom QPAC considers may be under the age of 14 years and not accompanied by an Adult, who does not provide QPAC with satisfactory evidence to the contrary.
49. QPAC does not accept any responsibility for Unaccompanied Minors in the Centre. This responsibility remains with the minor’s parent, guardian or carer.
50. Without limiting paragraph 49, QPAC may take any action it considers necessary in relation to Unaccompanied Minors in the Centre, including:
(a) removing the minor from the Centre;
(b) contacting the minor’s parents, guardians or carers; and/or
(c) contacting the Queensland Police Service.
51. You may be observed and/or recorded by Closed Circuit Television cameras while present at the Centre.
52. QPAC may create records of events and activities taking place at the Centre for reporting, archival or promotional purposes. These records may include images, film and/or sound recordings.
53. You agree to the attendance of QPAC First Aid Officers, paramedics or emergency medical personnel if deemed necessary by QPAC.
54. If you require or receive medical treatment while at QPAC, you must inform QPAC of the circumstances, including the treatment required or received.
57. These Conditions relate to your attendance at the Centre.
58. For the terms and conditions relating to your ticket, please see Qtix’s Ticket Terms and Conditions, available on QPAC’s website.
59. QPAC may refuse to allow you to enter a Performance Venue if you:
(a) cannot produce a valid ticket to attend the relevant event;
(b) cannot produce proof of your concession entitlement when you produce a concession ticket; or
(c) you produce a ticket that has been handled or dealt with in a way that is contrary to the Ticket Terms and Conditions (including a ticket which has been sold by a reseller).
60. You voluntarily assume the risk of, and indemnify and hold harmless QPAC and QPAC’s Personnel against:
(a) all damage and loss (including property damage, personal injury and economic and consequential loss) sustained by you, directly or indirectly, as a result of or in connection with your attendance at the Centre, however arising, including damage or loss caused by the act, omission or negligence of QPAC, QPAC’s Personnel or Visitors.
(b) any claim, damage or loss suffered by QPAC or QPAC’s Personnel directly or indirectly as a result of or in connection with your breach of any Law, your breach of these Conditions, or your negligent or fraudulent act or omission.
61. QPAC may in its absolute discretion:
(a) refuse you entry to the Centre or any part of it;
(b) ask you to leave the Centre or any part of it;
(c) remove you from the Centre or any part of it; and/or
(d) ban you from:
(i) entering the Centre or any part of it;
(ii) purchasing any tickets from Qtix; and/or
(iii) attending QPAC performances,
for a fixed period of time or indefinitely.
62. Without limiting paragraph 61, QPAC may act under paragraph 61 and will not provide you with any refund for any goods or services that you are unable to use as a result if QPAC determines that you have engaged in Prohibited Conduct:
(a) at the Centre; or
(b) in communication with any QPAC Personnel by mail, telephone, email, other internet service or any other means.
63. If you refuse to comply with a QPAC Direction not to enter, or to leave, the Centre (including, without limitation, under a banning notice):
(a) authorised QPAC Personnel may use such force as is necessary to remove you from the Centre; and/or
(b) QPAC Personnel may contact the Queensland Police Service or other relevant authorities.
64. QPAC reserves the right to amend these Conditions at any time, without notice to you.
65. In these Conditions, the following terms have the following definitions:
(a) Adult: a person over the age of 18 years;
(b) Bag: see paragraph 16;
(c) Centre: see paragraph 2;
(d) Cloakroom: a cloakroom within the Centre or any other area at a Performance Location used by QPAC for the purpose of cloaking Visitors’ personal items;
(e) Conditions: these Queensland Performing Arts Centre Terms and Conditions of Entry;
(f) includes: means “includes, without limitation”;
(g) including: means “including, without limitation”;
(h) Infant: see paragraph 43;
(i) Mobile Device: see paragraph 28;
(j) Oversize Item: see paragraph 15;
(k) Performance Location: means a theatre or other area at the Centre or any other location at which QPAC holds a performance or event;
(l) Presenter: the person or entity presenting or promoting the performance or event, including as hirer, engaged artist or co-presenter;
(m) Prohibited Conduct: see paragraph 7;
(n) Prohibited Item: see paragraph 11;
(o) Protective Security Officer: see State Buildings Protective Security Act 1983;
(p) QPAC: the Queensland Performing Arts Trust (a Queensland government statutory body under the Queensland Performing Arts Trust Act 1977), trading as the Queensland Performing Arts Centre;
(q) QPAC Directions: see paragraph 5;
(r) Personnel: officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, and agents; and in relation to QPAC, includes Protective Security Officers with responsibility for, or including, the Centre;
(s) Recording Device: see paragraph 31;
(t) Smoke: see paragraph 39;
(u) Unaccompanied Minor: see paragraph 48;
(v) Unattended Item: see paragraph 24;
(w) Visitor: means any person attending the Centre (excluding QPAC employees), including:
(i) theatre patrons;
(ii) food and beverage patrons;
(iii) QPAC volunteers, contractors, agents and invitees;
(iv) hiring companies and their Personnel;
(v) performing companies and their Personnel; and
(vi) co-presenters and their Personnel.
66. If you have any enquiries regarding these Conditions or your visit to the Centre, please contact us via the feedback link on our website or on 07 3840 7400.